(navigation image)
Home Audio Books & Poetry | Community Audio | Computers & Technology | Grateful Dead | Live Music Archive | Music, Arts & Culture | Netlabels | News & Public Affairs | Non-English Audio | Podcasts | Radio Programs | Spirituality & Religion | The Shady Trees

Listen to audio

item image

Stream (help[help])

VBR M3U (Hi-Fi)

Resources

DeadLists Project
Bookmark

Grateful DeadGrateful Dead Live at Onondaga County War Memorial on 1973-09-17 (September 17, 1973)

This audio is available in streaming format

something has gone horribly wrong 8-p
Prefer flash? · Embed · Questions/Feedback?

Collection: GratefulDead
Band/Artist: Grateful Dead
Date: September 17, 1973 (check for other copies)
Venue: Onondaga County War Memorial
Location: Syracuse, NY

Source: Soundboard
Lineage: SBD>MR>D>CD>EAC>SHN ; SBD>MR>C>C>D>CD>EAC>SHN

Description

Tennessee Jed, Me & My Uncle, They Love Each Other, Beat It On Down The Line, Sugaree, Mexicali Blues, Loser, Looks Like Rain, Row Jimmy, Jack Straw, Loose Lucy, You Ain't Woman Enough, Casey Jones Mississippi Half Step, Let Me Sing*, Truckin'-> Eyes Of The World*-> Weather Report Suite Prelude*-> Weather Report Suite Part 1*-> Let It Grow*-> Stella Blue, Sugar Magnolia

Notes

Thanks to Peter Braverman;
edits/encoding by JCotsman; Note- Fixed d3 now circulates, see public comments for details

Write a review
Streamed 18,735 times
Reviews
Average Rating: 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: lovehaight - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - May 12, 2010
Subject: Jerry sings Sugar Mag!
I have never have anyone notice this other than me on my first tape of it circa 1983! only the first line but it's pretty cool!

Reviewer: oReOs - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - October 14, 2009
Subject: Martin Fierro Roxks!
Love the horns! Kieth's Jam on Turckin is full of energy and Just makes me Want to Move! This is a great show! I recomend it!

Reviewer: BornXEyed - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - November 7, 2007
Subject: nice little gem
Good sound quality. Interesting LLR: sounds like a theramin is being played during the jam. Odd but kind of cool.

Reviewer: smgarcia - 3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars3.00 out of 5 stars - June 23, 2006
Subject: El Paso?
Both archive.org and setlists.net say that this show did not have El Paso, yet it's part of the concert here. Which is correct?

Reviewer: Ashleydan - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - December 17, 2005
Subject: what Bobby told me
In a hotel room in Boston Bob Weir told me that Martin Fierro as part of a jail sentence in Mexico had to play his saxophone for 24 straight hours on the steps of the Aztec pyramids. True or not, who knows? only Martin Fierro. This was an excellent 73 second set. Very different but excellent.Sound in the hall was terrible, but to see this show was atreat.

Reviewer: JeffroFish - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - May 22, 2005
Subject: Horn Question Answered!
The horn player is Martin Fierro. Martin played in Doug Sahm's band, who opened this show. Martin played with the Dead on the Wake of the Flood LP, and also played with Jerry's band at the time with Merle Saunders (Legion of Mary?)

Reviewer: emdeadhead - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - March 13, 2005
Subject: Where Did the Horn Section Come From?
I saw a couple of other shows in 1973 but this show was something unique. In the second set, the Dead brought out some horns as they started playing songs from the Wake of the Flood album.
Totally unexpected and interesting. It still hasn't lost anything, 31 years later!